As with all major matters in life, being Polyamorous comes with it’s own set of pros and cons. We have listed some below for you to consider. Keep in mind, what works for one, may not work for another.
1. You can fall in love with multiple people, which might make you feel less restricted by the relationship. If you feel the butterflies again, that is okay.
2. You can get support from multiple partners, as you can normally can from multiple friends. But the bond between partners is just a little tighter.
3. Being cuddled by two people is better than by 1 person.
4. In this economy, you need at least 3 people to buy a decent house. Split the bills!
1. Double the partners means double the work. It isn’t all rainbows and sunshine.
2. You have to accept that sometimes you become second place. Jealousy is a common problem in relationships and especially in poly relationships.
3. It isn’t always like a triad or a quad. The partner of your partner doesn’t need to be your partner. Heck that person doesn’t even have to be a friend of yours. And it becomes difficult when your partner’s second partner is someone you absolutely do not like.
4. Polyamorous relationships are accepted less than monogamous relationships. Heck, try to find a three person bedroom with 1 bed in a hotel.